If this was basketball season, and it was Maryland vs Duke week, there would be a lot more hype. Instead it is Maryland vs Duke, football week. There will be some Duke specific information coming forward prior to the game, but here are some interesting facts I came across courtesy of UMTerps.com.
- If Maryland wins this week, it will be the 200 all time win in Byrd Stadium
- Danny O’Brien earned ACC Rookie of the week for his performance VS. FIU
- The Terps lead the all time series with Duke 30-19, and have won 9 of the last 11
- Torey Smith is 4th in country with 5 touchdowns, and is first in the nation for players with at least 10 catches in yards per reception with a 23.7 average
- Da’Rel Scott needs 98 yards to become the 10th Terp to rush for 2,000 career yards
- Torrey Smith is second all time at Maryland in all purpose yards behind LaMont Jordan. He needs 833 yards to tie Jordan
- Smith is also 10 in Maryland history with 100 receptions, and 10 in yards with 1,515 yards all time. With 37 yards he will pass Julian Gary.
Nothing all that exciting, but some interesting factoids to get you through hump day! GO TERPS.